We are seeking high-quality short form fiction and non-fiction that presents the military service experience in an authentic manner for a popular audience. While military service is not required for an author to submit a piece, it is highly encouraged. Reprints are allowed, but not preferred. If you are submitting simultaneously, please inform us ASAP if your piece is accepted elsewhere. Our reading period opens 1 October for short stories from 2,000 to 7,000 words in all fiction genres, as well as narrative non-fiction.
Please format your edited manuscript according to these guidelines:
- Ensure your manuscript is double-spaced, 1″ margins, right-side unjustified, and Times New Roman or Courier, 12-point font.
- Your name and address should be in the upper left corner of the first page, estimated word count in the upper right corner.
- The title of the work should be in ALL CAPS in the center of the page.
- Your byline “by Jane T. Writer” should be centered, two lines down from the title.
- Subsequent pages should have your LAST NAME/TITLE/# in the upper right hand corner.
- Ensure that your manuscript is edited thoroughly. If accepted, the editorial staff will make suggested edits if required for space and style; however, failure to submit the cleanest copy possible will likely result in your manuscript not making it that far.